6 spring gardens to visit in Dorset - March 2016
PUBLISHED: 10:18 26 February 2016 | UPDATED: 10:18 26 February 2016
Show-stopping displays of hellebore, daffodils, aquilegia and anemones all feature at these NGS gardens in Dorset, as well as a few Easter eggs!
At this time of year this cottage garden specialises in hellebores. Exquisite Holmlea hellebores are for sale. Homemade soup at lunchtime, tea and cakes in the afternoon.
• Open: 5 & 6 March, 12-4pm
• Where: Manswood, Wimborne, BH21 5BQ
An old rectory garden with glorious carpets of anemones, together with a large variety of daffodils and early spring bulbs will dazzle.
• Open: 6 March, 2-5pm
• Where Long Bredy, DT2 9HU
Q, 113 Bridport Road
A town garden with over 1000 spring bulbs planted annually so wonderful displays. On Easter Day there’s an Easter Egg Hunt in the garden for the children - or the young at heart!
• Open: 13 March, 2-4.30pm & 27 March (Easter Sunday), 2-5pm
• Where: Dorchester, DT1 2NH
22 Holt Road
Walled garden with diverse planting provides interest for all seasons. Climb up beside the rill and bog garden. Follow the path back to a waterfall cascading onto a pebble beach. Teas.
• Open: 20 March, 2-5pm
• Where: Branksome, Poole, BH12 1JQ
In spring this 2 1/2 acre streamside garden is a colourful mass of spring bulbs, aquilegia and hellebores. Homemade teas in Village Hall.
• Open: 26 March, 2-5pm
• Where: Ibberton, DT11 0EN
Ivy House Garden
Steep hillside garden with fine views and a stunning array of daffodils, hellebores and tulips in quantity. Homemade teas.
• Open: 28 March (Easter Monday), 2-5pm
• Where: Piddletrenthide, DT2 7QF
For a full list of all NGS gardens open in Dorset this month please visit ngs.org.uk
• Events and things to do in Dorset - March 2016 - Helen Stiles rounds up her pick of events happening around the county this month