The best things to do in Dorset this Christmas
PUBLISHED: 16:02 20 November 2017 | UPDATED: 16:33 02 January 2018
Lights, festivals, concerts and fantastic things to do. That's Christmas in Dorset. Here's our handy guide…
Places to visit
• Sherborne - With a wealth of independent retailers and its own dedicated Festive Shopping Day, Sherborne is the place to head for finding great Christmas gifts.
• Weymouth - There’s fun to be had down at the seaside at this most wonderful time of the year.
• Wimborne - There are festive events both ancient and modern happening in town this year.
• Blandford Forum - There’s plenty of festive spirit in the Georgian town this Christmas.
• Bournemouth - Bournemouth and its ‘coastal villages’ of Boscombe, Southbourne and Westbourne are really getting in to the festive vibe.
• Dorchester - From a Hardy Christmas to skating in the square, there is plenty of festive cheer in Dorset’s county town.
• Markets - Soak up the festive spirit at one of these Christmas markets in Dorset.
• Christmas carols, concerts and festive music - From candlelit carols to Solstice walks there’s lots happening around the county.
• Christmas shopping and lights in Dorset - You’re sure to encounter plenty of Dorset’s festive spirit at these local events – you may even bump into Santa!
• Family Christmas events - From a Tudor Christmas to helping a Fairy Godmother decorate her tree, there are plenty of family-friendly events happening in and around the county this December.