Dorset Seafood Festival 2016 line-up
PUBLISHED: 16:21 30 June 2016 | UPDATED: 16:21 30 June 2016
Jack is back as are Dorset's über chefs helping to entertain, inform and bring seafood to the top of your shopping list at the 9th Pommery Dorset Seafood Festival.
See Jack Stein cook up a storm with Pete Murt, Executive Chef from Rick Stein Sandbanks in the new Fisher & Paykel Demo Theatre, together with an amazing line-up of seafood super-heroes at this multi-award-winning free festival, taking place 9-10 July in Weymouth harbour.
The ‘godfather of fusion food’, chef and author Peter Gordon (Executive Chef and Co-Owner of The Providores, Tapa Room and Kopapa and author of Savour: Salads for All Seasons) will be showcasing some of his famous fusion dishes. And ITV’s Barbecue Champion 2015, “The Womble” Simon Dyer, cooks up fresh, succulent mackerel on a pile of coals with a glass of Pommery Champagne in one hand and a lemon in the other.
River Cottage’s foraging guru John Wright will be imparting his knowledge about wild food from the seashore. There’s ‘Fishes & Loaves’ banter with passionate Dorset restaurateur, author and oyster farmer, Nigel Bloxham (Crab House Cafe and Billy Winters) and champion baker, Aidan Chapman. And hoping to make history is ITV Harbour Lives star and owner of Storm Restaurant and Dorset Oysters, Pete Miles who is bidding to make it into the Guinness Book of Records with his giant oyster.
What’s new this year?
• Be inspired by amazing dishes cooked by top notch chefs in the Fisher & Paykel Social Kitchen.
• Meet and work alongside fishermen who will be demonstrating net mending and lobster pot making.
• Dorset’s local and artisan producers will be selling their delicious wares in the Dorset Food & Drink Pavilion.
• Billingsgate Seafood Training School fillet, prep and barbecue seafood in the Broil King Masterclasses.
• As always, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy seafood from around 100 stallholders offering a mouth-watering selection of tasty fish dishes.