How we’d answer some of the most popular Dorset Google searches
PUBLISHED: 16:55 27 April 2015 | UPDATED: 16:55 27 April 2015
Starting a search on Google brings up a whole range of suggested searches based on what people are asking a lot. Here we answer some of the world’s most pressing queries about Dorset...
To kick it off, we searched for ‘Does Dorset...’. Here are a few quick-fire answers.
• ...flood: unfortunately It does sometimes.
• ...have a hosepipe ban: Not at the time of publishing. But if you’re reading this in the future, there may well be.
• ...have a flag: Yep (it’s yellow, red and white).
• ...have a city: Nope.
• ...have a motorway: Nope again.
• ...have a train station: Erm, yes... quite a few actually.
We then moved on to ‘Is Dorset...’
• ...a county: Yep.
• ...in the south west: Wikipedia says so.
• ...in the West Country: Wikipedia says so, again... can it be both?
• ...going to get snow: Probably not at the moment. Although, you may be reading this when it’s winter. In that case, maybe.
• ...in Bournemouth: On the face of it, no. Then again, if you think outside the box, you could say yes!
Moving on to more specific places... first up, ‘Does Bournemouth...’
• ...have a sandy beach: Hell yes! That was our number 1 reason to love Bournemouth in our feature on the town from 2014.
• ...have 4g: On some networks, yes! But we advise you to put your phone away and take in some of the town’s beauty.
• ...have an airport: Not just an airport, but an air festival too!
• ...airport fly to Paris: The airport itself doesn’t; that would probably be quite a feat. But they’re talking about airlines, right? In that case, yes.
• ...beach allow dogs: There are a few regulations in place, so it’s best to check!
A few miles down the road now. ‘Is Christchurch...’
• ...in Dorset: We probably wouldn’t have featured it here if not.
• ...a good place to live: We actually answered this back in December.
• ...in Dorset and Hampshire: We’ll admit it... Christchurch did used to lie within Hampshire borders but it became part of Dorset back in 1974 after local government reorganisation.
• ...in Bournemouth: Nope!
• ...worth visiting: Most definitely! The local food is just one reason to visit!
• ...near Auckland: Just under 11,500 miles as the crow flies. So, no.
‘Is Lyme Regis...’
• ...in Devon or Dorset: It is near the border, but it’s most definitely ours!
• ...beach sandy: It is in places, as mentioned here.
• ...nice: Yes. Have a look at this picture and we think you might agree.
• ...beach dog friendly: Regulations are in place!
• ...in Devon: We’ve gone through this already...
• ...in Dorset: See answer above for ‘Is Christchurch in Dorset’...
Finally, on to some of the ‘Best places in Dorset for...’
• ...crabbing: Kimmeridge Bay is certainly up there.
• ...lunch: Probably one of these fantastic pubs/restaurants.
• ...fossils: We do have the Jurassic Coast, so quite a lot of places! But make sure you search responsibly!
• ...afternoon tea: Funnily enough, here are 11 we featured.
• ...fossil hunting: See above!
• ...sea fishing: The sea? In all seriousness, for the men and women whose boats operate out of Weymouth harbour, fishing is more than just a job - it’s a lifelong passion. Read about that and the future of the industry here.
Spotted any funny Dorset related Google search suggestions? Let us know @dorsetmag.