Christmas 2016 in Dorset: Events and places to visit
10:12 28 November 2016
©Graham Hunt/Weymouth BID.
Christmas content is all over the web and social media at this time of year. So are all our guides to Christmas in Dorset, in one place
For all of Dorset’s Christmas offerings, click here!
Places to visit
• Sherborne - From Christingle to Cinderella, here is our round up of festive events in Sherborne.
• Weymouth - With the promise of showstopping Christmas lights, a real outdoor ice rink and Santas chasing a pudding on the beach, this seaside town is gearing up for a lot of festive fun and games this year.
• Wimborne - There are plenty of festive events for all family, and at its heart are the traditional Christmas services at the Minster.
• Blandford Forum - From its fabulous Yuletide Festival to pantomime fun, Blandford Forum is getting into the festive spirit.
• Westbourne - This Bournemouth village by the sea prides itself on its dazzling array of independent shops. It is the perfect place to find unusual Christmas gifts.
• Dorchester - From skating in the square to Christmas lullabies there is plenty happening in Dorset’s county town over the festive season.
Events and things to do
• Christmas carols, concerts & festive events - From candlelit carols to Solstice walks there are plenty of exciting events happening around the county this month.
• Christmas lights, shops & festivals - You’re sure to encounter plenty of Dorset’s festive spirit at these local events – you may even bump into Santa!
• Family Christmas events - From a Tudor Christmas at Corfe Castle to helping Santa find golden pine cones in a forest, there are plenty of family-friendly events happening in and around the county this December.