Dorset Magazine Landscape Painter of the Year 2016 competition
PUBLISHED: 10:25 22 November 2016 | UPDATED: 12:11 28 November 2016
Are you inspired by Dorset’s wild coastal beauty or its rolling countryside? Would you love to have the chance to exhibit your work in a gallery? Then enter Dorset Magazine’s exciting new competition to find the Landscape Painter of the Year 2016.
The competition is open to amateurs and professionals. Whether you have shown your work before or not - this is your chance to show your work in a professional gallery as well as win a cash prize of £250.
• An opportunity to exhibit at a local gallery alongside other finalists
• A feature in Dorset Magazine on your work
• A first prize of £250
To enter send up to three images, including the title of each work, the medium and where it was painted and a brief biography of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 5 January 2017.
The finalists will be announced in the February 2017 issue of Dorset Magazine and be invited to take part in a show at Poole Lighthouse Centre for the Arts.
Rules of the competition
• Open to residents of the UK
• Must be own work
• Must be a painting - can includes oils, acrylic and watercolour on canvas, paper or board
• Must be new work (not previously shown or sold) and available for exhibition in March 2017
• Age limit – over 18
• The judges’ decision is final
• Archant reserve the right to use images in future publicity
• Number of entries limited to three works of art per person
• All normal Archant competition terms and conditions apply